Pre v0.1.0 Changelogs
Before v0.1.0, there were no changelogs. Updates were just written in the announcements channel of the Discord server. I have compiled all of the updates into this post with their dates. Dates are written in the format YYYY-MM-DD
- Fixed a bug where unboxed items were not actually added to your inventory. This bug affected the users who received money before they received an item (e.g. used
- Added the
b!sell command. You can now sell items!
- Added the
b!buy command. You can now buy items!
- Several new items.
b!commands command, to take you to the commands page on the wiki.
b!items command, to take you to the items page on the wiki.
b!faq command, to take you to the FAQ page on the wiki.
- You will now receive a DM from BoxBot once a cooldown has expired, letting you know you can use the command again.
- Toggle to be added in the future, to disable these notifications in case you do not want to receive them.
- Healing items now have a cooldown of 20 minutes.
- Shields now absorb damage, as well as protect against magnets.
b!unbox cooldown time reduced from 3 hours to 2 hours.
- Different weapon tiers now have different cooldowns, instead of 8 hours between every attack.
- Leaderboard now uses an embed rather than a code block (looks a lot better on mobile).
b!help command now takes you to the wiki’s homepage.
- Deaths are fixed. Respawning would leave players with less than 100 health. Players will now always respawn with 100 HP.
- Cleaned up code.
- Cleaned up database.
- Item information is now stored in the database.
b@reload command for super admins, to reload the database after manually changing it.
- Added the global killfeed channel in the BoxBot server.
b!killfeed command that sends you a link to the killfeed channel in the BoxBot server.
b!send command to send money to other users.
- You can now obtain boxes as items. You can either buy them for $1,000 or receive them by answering trivia questions with hard difficulty. Simply type
b!use box to open a box.
b!notify command – toggles cooldown notifications.
- Shield activation messages now state that shield can protect against attacks.
- Easy trivia questions now award $25.
- Medium trivia questions now award $50.
- Hard trivia questions now award a box.
- Cooldown time for
b!unbox reduced from 2 hours to 1 hour.
- Cooldown notifications are now disabled by default and must be enabled with the new
- Users will now receive cooldown notifications even after the bot has been restarted.
- Cooldown notifications may now be slightly delayed as it now checks them every 60 seconds, instead of having a separate task for every single user.
- Bot will no longer throw errors when a user can’t receive direct messages (for example, if they have DMs disabled for non-friends).
- Fixed empty inventories not being displayed.
- Fixed healing items not having cooldowns. Cooldown is 20 minutes.
- Added the uncommon box. Opening it guarantees at least an uncommon tier item. They can be purchased for $3,000.
- Most item prices have been adjusted.
- box renamed to common_box, and is now white instead of blue.
- Easy trivia questions now reward 1 common box.
- Medium trivia questions now reward 2 common boxes.
- Hard trivia questions now reward 1 uncommon box.
- Cutoff for string matching has been increased from 0.4 to 0.6. This basically means that item name autocorrection is stricter – hopefully preventing people from using items that they don’t mean to use.
To be safe, you should always try to enter as much of the item name as possible. This feature was created only to correct typos and remove the need to use underscores; not to magically fill in the rest of the item name.
- Cooldown notifications fixed.
- You can now sell and buy multiple items by adding x2 to the end of the item name. For example:
b!sell sledgehammer x3 will sell 3 sledgehammers at once.
b!shop command – simply takes you to the items wiki page for now.
b!gtop command. Checks the richest people in all servers – not just the server you’re in!
- Added embeds to kills and killfeeds. You will now see what was looted when someone is killed.
- Added rare box item.
- Re-formatted trivia embed. The question should no longer cut off on android devices and looks slightly nicer.
- Re-formatted leaderboard embed. Looks a lot nicer, and also shows you your rank if you are not in the top 9.
- All item prices have been changed again.
- Item prices can now automatically be decided and updated using a formula.
b!daily now rewards a rare box and has a 7% chance of rewarding two rare boxes.
- Moneybags now give $100 to $500.
- When buying and selling items, it will now show the emoji for the item you’re selling / buying.
- Chances for different tiers has changed:
- Common: 50% -> 64%
- Uncommon: 30% -> 22%
- Rare: 13% -> 8%
- Ultra Rare: 5%
- Epic: 2% -> 1%
b!ub as aliases for
b!attack as an alias for
- Fixed bug where killing someone would set your attack cooldown to a seemingly random number.
- Fixed bug where killing somebody with no money would throw an error and the user would not die.
m1911 added. Deals 23-28 damage; uses
9mm_bullet as ammo.
desert_eagle added. Deals 50-70 damage; uses
.50ae_bullet as ammo.
b!gtop is now a lot faster.
- Added command autocorrecting. BoxBot will now try to correct typos in commands (e.g.
b!unb as an alias of
- Changed the kill embed to show the tiers of the items looted.
- Changed the inventory command to use an embed rather than images. All items can be shown at once this way.
assault_rifle_bullet has been renamed to
sniper_bullet has been renamed to
- Attack and healing cooldowns are now calculated relative to the maximum damage/healing of the item and its tier.
ak-47’s minimum damage has been increased from 20 to 25.
magnet is now rare.
- Improved error logging. Errors will now show the representation of the error.
- Remove the old boxes from everyone’s inventories, fixing a bug where people who still had these old boxes would cause errors to be thrown when they are killed.
- Fixed shields as they wouldn’t work 90% of the time. Now they should work 100% of the time!
- Fixed not being able to buy an item if you have the exact amount of money required to buy it.
mp5 added. Uses
9mm_bullet as ammo.
b!help command now acts like an ‘in-bot’ wiki.
b!commands shows a list of commands.
b!items shows a list of items.
- BoxBot can now be voted for every 16 hours on DiscordBots.org. Votes will reward a
b!claim after voting to receive it.
- Inventory embeds now use inline, which will take up less space in chat (at least on desktop).
- The price of
common_box has been increased.
- You can now only attack people who have money and/or items in their inventory.
- Slightly adjusted weapon and healing item cooldown times.
- Added HP and whether or not a shield is active to the
katana’s maximum damage has been decreased to 40.
ak-47’s damage range has been changed to 35-45.
- Fixed trivia exploit.
- BoxBot will no longer respond to bots.
- BoxBot will no longer active on other bot commands (such as Tatsumaki’s
t!top activating BoxBot’s
[W.I.P] This page will continue to be updated.